Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Pre-bend Chromatic Note

Yep, the pre-bend - preparation for that sweet sounding milked note. And yes - the irony - the effort you have to put into it - while making sure it is muted. It may seem like a waste of effort but all will payoff when the right timing comes for you to play that note and milk it with vibrato. Sweet note heaven.

At times all I see and hear are those good notes without taking notice of the "pre-bends". Now that I'm at it - I'm beginning to doubt if it is even worth pre-bending at all, just to make that one note special and flexible. But when I visualize what I want my life and my music to be - I regain focus and I understand that it is all worth it. All for that one special note.

I believe that in life, just like in music - everything is special, but it doesn't hurt to have some notes standout - by preparing for it, with hard work and dedication.

No comments: